IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ with SPF 50+ Review

Tuesday 22 November 2016

I find it almost impossible not to stop at an aisle in Sephora the second I see an array of flesh coloured fluids. Which is in almost every aisle. Which also means that I spend nothing less than an hour in Sephora. So guys out there, if we ever date, bring a stool with you. You've been warned!
  
I’m always in the market for something that I can use everyday rather than just on occasions. This means that I tend to look for something that I feel safe in, psychologically that is. Although there’s nothing wrong with rocking layers of foundation on a daily basis, I personally would feel like I’m suffocating my skin. So on a mental level, I’ll be telling myself “Win, that CC cream that claims to do a million and one shit for your face seems light and airy. Perfect for everyday use!”. And with that, TADAA! I brought the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ with SPF 50+ home with me!



PACKAGING
This CC cream is perfect for those of you who have to reapply your makeup a couple of times in a day for reasons like having to take your wudhu for prayers or changing your makeup for an event because you can’t afford a wardrobe change. It comes with a pump dispenser, so you can just chuck the bottle, or should I say tube, into your bag without having to worry that it will leak or spill. Although I do think that the pump dispenses a little more than what you actually need to cover your whole face. So like detonating a bomb, carefully press the pump halfway through to avoid wasting any product.

COLOUR RANGE
It comes in 5 different shades. Fair, Light, Medium, Tan and RichI got mine in Medium, although I do think a shade in between Light and Medium would have looked seamless on me since my neck and décolletage area is a tad fairer than my face. But even with it being slightly (and I mean SLIGHTLY) darker than the rest of my body, I think I can still get away with it without someone calling me out. 

COVERAGE
Half a pump is all I need to even out my skin tone. You can of course layer on this product to get a fuller coverage just like any other foundation/BB/CC cream. But I tend to go for a light to medium coverage, just enough to make me look like I'm a part of the human race. 



FINISH
This cream also dries down to a dewy finish but can easily be semi-mattified with a touch of loose or pressed powder, giving you the most natural finish ever! I enjoy a subtle glow on the high points of my face, a look that can easily be achieved by leaving those areas unpowdered. 

STAYING POWER
I've used this CC cream up to 5 hours and although the natural oils of your face will start to break through after the 3rd or 4th hour since you applied it, it's nothing a touch of powder can't handle. However, do bear in mind that this is a CC cream and not a foundation. The coverage will  start to wear off a little by the 5th hour but nothing too extreme. You'll probably morph into a pumpkin at the most... and everybody loves pumpkins! Especially in fall! But if you're in Malaysia, let's hope you have a great personality. 

MY TWO CENTS
I'm crazy about this CC cream by IT Cosmetics. I like to use this when opting for a more natural look, which is 97% of the time for me. The coverage is perfect for my simple everyday makeup routine. It takes less than 3 minutes to completely blend this product into your skin with a foundation brush, maybe 5 minutes if you're doing it with your fingers. 

Being a skincare-makeup hybrid, I don't feel so guilty slapping this on my skin everyday.  In fact, I feel like I'm giving my skin a little treat when I apply this cream to my face. It even has a faint citrusy scent that just perks me up in the morning!

Although I did read a review on Paula's Choice stating that citrus oils (lemon, lime, bergamot, orange and grapefruit - the source of the citrusy scent) are phototoxic, which means that it increases your skin's susceptibility to damage when exposed to light/UV light. I guess that is quite contradicting, especially when it claims to correct dark spots and provide sun protection. But I do believe that the developers of IT Cosmetics' products are experts who have done plenty of research before making this essential makeup must-have.

I have done my little research on the topic and found that citrus oils (or any other phototoxic ingredients) will only produce a phototoxic reaction 12 hours after application. This gives you plenty of time before your skin starts to melt off your face. Just kidding! Also, phototoxic oils are diluted to prevent any reactions to the skin, which I'm sure the people behind IT Cosmetics have figured out way before I found the article on it.

For more information on that --> Phototoxic Essential Oils

FINAL VERDICT
★★★★

Share your thoughts in the comment box below if you've tried this product!

Till then!

Keep your chin up! 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment